Also, as long as I’m procrastinating, might as well post this too. It’s only like a week or two late.
- Diddy Kong is a lot of fun. I was surprised as how fun and balanced a character he was.
- But Sonic the Hedgehog is definitely my favorite character.
- Moves are way easier to pull off. Love chaining combos in midair? So much easier now.
- Way more floaty. Wee!
- Because there’s a lot more airtime, there’s a lot more focus on combat in the Y-axis. Sonic’s down stomping attack is used a lot.
- Sonic is now the fastest character. However, he doesn’t really move all that fast compared to the characters in Melee. Thus, everyone moves more slowly.
- The nerf bat hath smiteth Link, my previous main. He feels a lot less visceral than in Melee. Part of might be the animation cycles; in Meele it was totally possible to pull off two or three spins in a row on DK. Now, not so much. Things feel slower and smoother.
- SOOO much more of an emphasis on items. I have no problems with items normally, and Nintendo hit the sweet spot with the defaults in Melee. Now it just feels like too much.We’re talking like five smash balls in a single round, and two or three insane ships of doom, split into three pieces which everyone battles like crazy over. Yeah. When you play with items (he said, abusing italics), you fight for items. There are now at least five or six items of power equal to or greater than the stupid hammer. And they spawn all over the place! Seriously, it’s completely insane.
- However, you can turn it all down and/or off, so I’m not complaining too much.