We went up to Massachusetts for Christmas, a 1100 mile drive. No, that’s not a typo. It takes like 18 hours on average. Between naps, here is a list of random things I observed and thought about.
- Why do so many people drive with their high-beams on? It’s really annoying.
- Stuck in a traffic jam in Virginia, I noticed a white limo with a custom license place that read “Brittney”. Was this the Brittney Spears mobile?
- We saw this car by the side of the road engulfed in flames. Apparently, it was on the local news. I googled it at the end of the journey, but could not find any info. I hope no one was hurt.
- TI-83+ graphing calculators make excellent portable gaming devices. Wizards, Bomber Kids, Final Fantasy (!), Cave, and Tetris were some of the highlights of my game collection this trip.
- You never notice how slow an old laptop is until you start surfing the net again.
- My new laptop case is dog hair proof. All those evil white strands just slide right off it. Good thing, too. Buddy (Our cocker spaniel) was sleeping on it for most of the voyage.
…Yeah, I slept a lot.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.